Friday 5 September 2014

Becoming Sea Salt : The Challenge Acceptance Video


Recall I said my next post would be published when my kit arrived? As it is scheduled to get to me next week Friday, I thought to fill the space by sharing the pre-Challenge steps I have been taking to prepare my body and mind for my journey. One was 'shooting' the Acceptance Challenge video you are about to watch on the instructions of My Coach, Oluwaseun Olotu-Oke. It is just one more way of ensuring accountability. I mean surely after all this, I cannot, must not fail! And I know I shall not. I am in it to lose it! 

OK, so you can watch the 'home video' now. Err...once again, fair warning. It is very amateur but Rome was not built in a day. Eh-hen! Anyway, I do sort of like the way it 'fades' out to the 'Unstoppable Salt' on my tee-shirt. Let me know if it played as one never knows......and yes, I weighed in at 79.3 in the video but not sure I should have been wearing my walking shoes......but no matter, 76 or 79 in 90 days, I shall be 66 or 69kg by the grace of God! Dass all!

Movie: The 'Becoming'
Director: Last Born Son aka LBS
Producer: Salt & Oluwaseun Olotu-Oke
Sound Director:  LBS
Editor: LBS
Executive Producer: JayCee aka  The Enabler


Two, I have begun to eat healthier again. Drinking loads of water and juices (Daba, I will need to order soon) and generally trying not to consume too many carbs (Although I must confess I had fries this afternoon! Lol! Plus I know I am going to need to work on my timing as I had dinner at about 9pm which is too late. But look at what I had! 

Do forgive the shadow over the plate. Probably my Ipad. *smiling*

I mean you cannot get much more healthier than steamed chicken breast & vegetables! Not a drop of oil in sight. I don't have a steamer so just put my 'brined** and then marinated***  chicken and vegetables in a stainless steel colander over a pot of water and sealed the top with foil paper to keep in the steam. And voila! It was mucho delicioso if I may say so myself.

To cap it all up, I also walked today and I am sure I got in about 6000 steps today. My target is 10,000 a day. The best bit is that my LBS went with me and we had the best time ever chatting all the way to and fro.  So, you could say that I am setting a good foundation to build on when my kit arrives, abi? Yes, the woman is trying. Lol! So there you go folks, that is for now. See you when my kit arrives. I cannot wait. And once again, I do encourage you to join me on this Quest for Health.

I believe it is our reasonable service to God, Family and 'Self-kind'.





**Brining is when you let your chicken breasts rest in a solution of salt and sugar for some hours before cooking. I did overnight. It gives the juiciest chicken ever. Dry chicken begone!

***My marinade was quite simple: Salt, Black Pepper, chopped yellow pepper because I like my food spicy and some lashing of soy sauce. Finish! 


1 comment:

  1. wesome! I can feel the energy pouring out from this page!
    I am sure the video was fab, although it refused to play for me����.
    By popular demand, can we have it re-instated? You are going to crush this challenge!

    ReplyDelete