Wednesday 17 September 2014

And The Challenge Began: Day 1 & 2 Updates.

I tried to load a vlog last night but JJC that I am, it did not work out. I managed to record it but could not seem to find it on Youtube so back to the old school way of sharing. Lol!  So here goes.

I love the chocolate and strawberry ones
They are yummy and I love mine with ice. I have not even started concocting any of the recipes some of the others have been sharing yet and I am happy. I need Daba of Zesty Juices to sort me out with the juices to be honest. I need to keep this as uncomplicated as possible! And I tell you the truth, I have one for breakfast and one for dinner and I have not felt hungry once!

So far, I have had one as a snack on the way home. Just one per day. I promise and I say this shows that I have self control. Lol! Cos they are just so decadent tasting. I struggle to believe they are good for me but Body by VI says so! They are dense and yummy and just 150 calories.

My Lunch
I tell you when you know this is your only 'real' meal for the day, you savour it in a whole new way. Lol! Yesterday, I had Jollof Rice and Ofada stew. It was heaven on a plate. Today, I had Sweet Potato Pottage with bits of chicken in it and Ofada Stew. Yes, I am on Ofada stew junkie. This is the thing I love about this journey. You have to have a well balanced lunch. Carbs, Proteins and Vegetables. I intend on changing out my white rice for brown rice and stick to wheat pastas as I go on. Shout out to my dear Funmi Elesha who was worried for me because she thought that this was one of those diets where you eat nothing, lose a ton of weight only to gain it all back times 2 later!  Been there, done that, not gonna happen again.  And now, I don't eat at my desk. I go somewhere quiet where I can be 'still', eat in peace and enjoy every bite. Lol!

Exercise
This is where I am not happy and I blame Lagos traffic. Yesterday I could only get in about 3440 steps and today, 3880. Not good enough. I need to get moving more.  I hope to make up for it all over the weekend.  Because I get home so late, I cannot go to the Gym plus I am so knackered after sitting in traffic that I cannot even attempt to dance my old school music. Anyway, I will get better. I am very aware that apart from reducing the calories I consume, I must burn some more via exercise too. Abi Coach Seun?

How do I feel?
Yesterday was a breeze but I must say that today I did feel the 'bite' of it  because I was so busy at work and felt a little stressed. But still no headaches which tends to happen with the other plans I have done in the past. I am excited and even though I know it is not possible, I do feel lighter-ish (plus my Mgm did say I looked slimmer this morning. I gave him a loving 'side-eye smile'. How far? when it is not magic! ) Plus because I am combining this with a spiritual re-ignition of sorts - trying to spend more time simply reading my Bible - I also feel my spirit quickening along with my body. Yes, a new fire has been ignited in my belly to not just get fit and healthy physically and mentally but equally if not more important to go deeper into my PapaGod. 

So there you have it for Day 1 and 2! Thank you to all those rooting for me especially Team Salt. And to all the other 'Unstoppables' doing this challenge with me, I say 'We can do this!'.

Let's keep going!


2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna follow you all the way cos I need me some inspiration to drop some baby tinz. Would you mind adding pics with the same outfit to updates so we see the difference? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a GREAT idea Eya! OK, I will do that! Lol!
    Yes o! Join me o!!!

    ReplyDelete